View Single Post
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I want to buy a new smartphone and i already had a Nokia N800 and liked very much, Maemo 4 is a very powerful mobile operating system and this can open new possibilities for me, but it lacks a good amount of softwares that we have in Android, iPhone OS and for WebOS. In Maemo 4, we have few amount of softwares but i can find few apps but messenger apps, multimedia, web browsers and a system that is powered by a full GNU/Linux is a very interesting possibility. A very important item to me is a QWERTY keyboard.

The hardware of Nokia N900 seems to be very interesting, a very good camera, good conectivity, HSDPA running in a 2100 Mhz frequency (here in Brazil, the GSM Carriers operates in this frequency).

And other possibility is to run the Android 2.2 and WebOS Games using the preenv softwares and this can transform this cell phone in a true portable videogame and i like mobile games.

I would like to know if this cell phone can be a good option today, i work everyday with Linux and the Linux Console is not a nightmare to me and the previous experience with N800 was good (except because the slowness of operating system with a 400 mhz processor and few ram memory).

I think that this smartphone have a "geek appeal" but i want to know if nitdroid it's useful and can be considered as a option to run two operating system (Android to run new commercial apps and Maemo to be the main operating system and to test new possibilities (Debian for Maemo it's a very good option).

About my description, N900 can be a good option to me?