View Single Post
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Since I still don't have a N950 yet and I can't imagine, after so many adventures, leaving my trustworthy friend maemo behind I decided to try something new: save web sites shortcuts to the applications menu (like the n950).

It is actually very simple since macuco already supports a dbus signal to open a web page.

I haven't and don't know if I will implement this functionality on macuco but, since it is not hard to do manually, here it goes an example on how to add a "Google+" icon to your applications menu.

Using your favorite editor just create on your n900 the file:
Code:
/home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon/googleplus.desktop
with this text:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Google Plus
Exec=dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.crochik.Macuco / com.crochik.Macuco.open string:"http://plus.google.com" boolean:true
Icon=macuco2
X-Window-Icon=macuco2
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
Terminal=false
Notes:
  • If you want a nice icon you can save anywhere and include the full path to the icon on the "Icon=" line
  • Everything from "Exec=" to " boolean:true" must be on the same line.

(Jaffa: thank you for making this possible!)

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-07-15 at 23:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post: