View Single Post
I totally agree with mr_jrt - No matter if "mainline" will focus around Cordia or expanding maemo platform, replacing as much closed source elements as we can is most important thing to do. By the way, that why i was advocating Cordia so much - as Open Source(ich) replacement for closed source UX's

Many "milestones" were achieved long time before anyone would even think of naming them like that, other are almost finished (open media player), another were researched intensively, but require *lot* work to make them 100% usable ( *drums&fanfares* bme replacement...). I'm no expert in those matters, so I may be wrong, but things like Phone app are near impossible to replace them with Open things, right?

I also agree with no-go for focusing on tablets all-together. We're Maemo (or whatever we want to call us, if Nokia won't like to give trademarks - which is most likely to happen IMO), and I don't see a point in drowning into grey mass of android/whatever forums/portals.

---

Side note: I'm relatively "new" user, by standards here, but i learned to add abil_uk into ignore list after reading 3-4 post of this *individual*. So, I'm really surprised, that much "older" community members continue few pages long, pointless discussion with him/her/it. Of course, in open world everyone got right to talk (almost) whatever he/she/it want. Just like everyone else have right to hit "ignore" button. Thanks for listening
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: