View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
I know there's a thousand threads about n900's not turning on bla bla blaaaaa. So please don't tell me to do a search because i've just spent the last hour doing so and found no answer. This n900 came from a friend who initially lost it, had another handset sent to him by voda and then he found the first handset again but never used it since. Anyway, my bird works for voda and she checked the imei number to see if its on their blacklist but it isn't.. So the problem.. phone switches on, Nokia appears on the screen followed by the dots, freezes then turns off. I've flashed both images like 10 times with no difference. Any idea's anyone?? The phone worked fine before it was lost so there's no reason it shouldn't work now right?
Thanks in advance
Can you be sure it is not on a blacklist somewhere because if your friend has reported the emei for instance to his insurance then it will probably found it's way to get blocked, this would have happened when the device was turned on and sent its "id", the symptoms do sound like a blocked device but if not it will be ok after a re-flash unless it has sustained component damage in its "lost" period.