View Single Post
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I am appalled at this community sometimes and frustration is not the word i tell you.
abill,

with all due respect, i think you are missing a couple important points

1st, as Daneel pointed out, the council hasn't any power; they can ask, they may suggest. that's about it.
in a way you are right in saying that the community has been sitting on its @$$ and was simply coding along. they got and they still get a new device every now & then, sometimes w/ hw keyboard, sometimes without. nothing new under the sun, sorry
is it time for a change? see

2nd, which nobody seems to want to realise; NOKIA has stopped developing pure Maemo devices, true. have they completely abandoned Maemo? i don't think so. we can still download firmwares & install all the software we want from repositories or even OVI.
& if they are willing to fund formeego.org/com, this seems to indicate that they are still behind the community.
sure, you can blame them for having split the development community, but, honestly, what is the difference between OS2008 vs. OS2010 and fremantle vs. harmattan?
developers who started to be busy w/ OS2009 weren't busy w/ OS2008 any more, were they?
and even now, installing packages from extra-dev or testing. means you can't run certain apps from extra any more.

yes, the community has been careless. who isn't?
repeating it over & over again isn't bringing anything new, is it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post: