View Single Post
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
[...]
What has to happen is not a decision one person can make but hell at least try before it finally sinks, time is our enemy right now and i feel enough time has already been wasted, the reason i am trying to wake everyone up in the area's of importance to Maemo.org.
[...].
funny we are back on this very thread were we already had this discussion, in a way....
what's needed here is leadership, not management, right?
(doing the right thing versus doing things right)

unfortunately, very few leaders are also good managers, so, starting with a a community like this one where there is no management to speak of (sorry, no offence to the council, but like Texrat pointed out on his performance sheet beginning of last year, the council doesn't even have a mission statement (i.e. manage Maemo.org ?))

@ Texrat: any improvement on that in, what, 20 months?

one could of course lead away & hope that the community will manage itself, but... let's be honest, it simply won't work.

two problems;

one, developers don't really care about administrative issues, as long as they can code away; as you pointed out yourself, the best coders already left b/c they don't want to invest in "govern" the ship out of this troubled situation; they prefer to go code somewhere else...

those who are not here to code, well, look around... flame wars, insults, anything goes. you'll never get a consensus out of this.
@ best agree to disagree

might save a new born with that approach ¦-)))))))))))
might :|

EDIT: like i concluded last time, maybe NOKIA got to the same conclusion a year & 1/2 ago and decided to leave Maemo to its own device and give it a new try with MeeGo
one may wonder what management NOKIA has right now, but leadership obviously couldn't care less about Maemo
or whether Intel provides more leadership? possibly for tablets, but obviously not for mobiles.
let's not even talk about LF, right?

Last edited by misterc; 2011-08-04 at 19:26.