View Single Post
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
While they're posts about the n900, they are still off topic for this thread.
Very true. To push things back to the topic I'll copy-paste what I have to say about the matter from MeeGo forums:

Useless to start blaming LF for this and that or guessing what can or cannot happen. The decision was made and we have to live with it. Instead I'd like to see this as a wake-up call for making things happen. Most people who have been hanging around here more than a few weeks know that MeeGo from meego.com is not really aimed for individual end users and I don't think that will change nor it should (this seems to be the thing causing the most of the confusion around MeeGo). So...

I've been silently wishing for a MeeGo based end-user targetted community controlled distribution. Think of suse/openSuse setup or the N9x0 CE with a wider scope. First version of the community controlled MeeGo distribution would be basically stable MeeGo 1.2.something with applications and other things you expect from a Linux distro. The important thing about this is that it wouldn't be a fork and it would meet the compliancy terms. I hope this is a hard enough push to make this happen.

Having this would of course bring other freedoms like the ability to include different UXs like Plasma active, cordia or whatnot.

At least I would contribute to this effort.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post: