View Single Post
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I had some trouble getting Catorise Plus to work but it is working well for me now. (Latest version.)

I am running CSSU and power kernel.

The first time I *changed* existing categories and after finishing all my customizations discovered that somehow Application Manager was trashed. The application menu had gone, replaced by a message "No applications installed", and no shortcuts on my desktop worked (existing ones or new ones). However the applications themselves seemed to be working as the desktop widgets were working normally and I could open some applications that way, I just couldn't open any application using shortcuts.

I used <shift><ctrl> <x> to bring up terminal (I had no other way of doing it) and uninstalled Catorise Plus. The application menu reappeared and all my shortcuts were functioning again.

I tried installing Catorise Plus again and this time left all existing categories alone. I simply added new ones for the ones I wanted, and didn't modify or delete any existing ones. It isn't necessary to delete any as if there is an unused category it simply doesn't appear on the application menu. Now I have just the application menu categories I want and all my applications launch from the categories I have designated. All is smooth and good.

The application is still rather buggy, then. I would recommend not touching existing categories when you install Catorise Plus. Just add the ones you need; the others will be ignored if you make sure they are empty.

Last edited by noetus; 2011-08-11 at 22:41.