View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
Stop whining.
Don't be an insensitive ****. Let them share their feelings. Exorcise your hurt. Learn to let go. Stop the dependence on Nokia. Go out and get something else. ANYTHING else, at this point. :P

I've become more convinced that the MISTAKE is to buy an N9 hoping to prove Elop wrong. I'm far more convinced that not buying anything Nokia will prove him to be FAR, FAR more wrong and very much more likely to get booted out and someone else get in there to reverse these stupid mistakes. I'm just saying--if you're all "free-market", then vote with your dollars, dammit!

Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post
Yesterday i wrote nokia a short letter with my concerns about the lack of the n9 for the US.
In short, i suggested that the n9 and windows nokia's can exist in the US market, subsidized windows for the masses, and the n9 for the loyalists. I expressed my discontent for how they are just about to alienate all their loyal users to bring in new ones. I understand business is business, but i see no reason the n9 and wp can't coexist here in the US. Seriously, how hard would it be to just let us buy it unlocked online?

Here was the response i got this morning.
"Hi Joe,

Thank you for emailing the Nokia Careline.

We appreciate your interest in our product.

In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that the release date of the Nokia N9 is yet to be determined. Also, we are unable to guarantee if the said device will be available for purchase in the United States. What we can suggest to you is to frequently visit our website as well as our discussion board for more information on this matter.

We are hoping for your patience and understanding on this matter."

A glimmer of hope that a US version may come?
Thank you for your interest in the brand new Nokia N9--now running Harmattan. Your brand loyalty is important to us. Please stay on the web page and a third-party advertiser will be in contact with you shortly about an upcoming Windows Phone 7 phone!

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Why not create a "nokia in US" thread so we can keep talking about n9 here.
Maybe because we can just talk here about how the N9 isn't coming to the US--AND A BUNCH OF OTHER COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. Oh right, we already ARE.

Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
I don't see why not if they changed their strategy. Elaborate further as to why this is an impossibility.
Why? Haven't you been paying attention to how AWESOME Windows Phone 7 has been selling? It's f***ing like HOTCAKES, Brah!! FAP FAP FAP... but it's clearly not selling.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: