View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Woke up to read this qole must have read my post oooer eeerie.

Only 2 options as i see it and that is to either beef up the hardware on the N900 or run as it is for however long the device will function and given the usb port problem it could be repaired to allow the device to go on untill something else breaks but would have to be un-repairable for it to come to the end of it's life.

What happened to the MeeGo adaption for the N900 ? has that project came to a halt or is it still on going?.

One thing that can be looked at and needs probably the best of engineering together is to up the ram, @ 256 it is not enough obviously so any volunteers want to start a thread on this with me?.

I made a suggestion a while ago about getting together to approach a hardware maunufacturer to make an up to date handset so that Maemo could carry on (probably a Chinese company) as obviously it needs a target device (how about the 950 for instance, can Nokia churn out a few more thousand?).

Maybe also it might be worth a last shot at Nokia to release whatever they can especially BME and anything else possible as this community will fizz out eventually if nothing is done that's for sure.

I seen all this long time back along with other members on here and some who get aggresive about it too like Kajko for instance .

Tried to get the ball rolling on something or another but got shouted down by prominent members who basically think for themselves only and stuff anyone else's opinions !!.

IF you want the Maemo community to stay alive it will not come easy as some work will have to happen by it's members.... oh well just my thoughts.