View Single Post
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
PvZ and Peggle both work pretty well on my Vibrant (both free from Amazon).

Dan I think you may have misunderstood me, I think Samsung did a great job with the Tab.

If the Tab were going for cheaper, I might consider it. If I'm going to spend $400-$500 on a new gadget, I'd prefer it be as up to date as possible. If Samsung had released an updated version of the 7" Tab, I'd be very interested.

The Tab lead the way with the 7" size, but the popularity of the iPad seems to have prompted most major manufacturers to jump on board with 10" tablets. Part of that may have been due to the desire to use honeycomb, and it's initial lack of support for smaller tablets.

To me the 7" tablets out there are either over-priced (Flyer) or have cheaper components (A100) in order to be price competitive. That's the problem I see, I'm not sure a 7" tablet will find popularity if it is priced the same as, or more than similar 10" tablets. In order to get the price in the right area, you either have to use cheaper components or a lesser margin. Lower profits aren't appealing, and cheaper tablets may not go over well.

Of course, we're discussing a potentially niche product on a website for a decidedly niche product line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post: