View Single Post
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
Thanks for the detailed (as always) response ndi, especially the first hand images - it's always nice when someone presents the evidence so you can make your own judgements. (btw Romania looks nice! Might have to visit! )

Thanks for your N8 comparison - I love QWERTY keyboards too much (especially after the great one, imo, the N900 has) to go touch screen only, just thought I'd check in case there were some additional features I had missed, seems no is the answer.

I like photography, but being a poor debt ridden student whose camera broke, my N900 was my only tool available - and looking back at my photos I seemed to take a lot of close range shots hence why I asked. Hopefully I can save for a DSLR or micro4/3 cam for my desired macro fun!

Good to hear Anna offers improvements, I too was mightily impressed with Belle but if I do get a E7 I am slightly worried how long I'll have to wait till it and the other older Anna models receive the update...
Do you think Nokia will release the update in time with their Q4 predictions?

Thanks for your frank comments on the features I mentioned I'll miss, another one I realised is I mainly browse text heavy sites, so N900's higher res might be better in that regards.

But to be honest you've put forward such a convincing argument for the E7 (combined with the impressive Belle videos Nokia released) I think I'll be able to live without them.

Sorry to pester you with more questions, but:

What exactly does BIgScreen do? I was under the impressions the E7 could output via HDMI without the need for an ap?

You said the E7 can stream audio/video in and out...could you elaborate for me?

You also mentioned "it is annoying to see it close connections to WLAN all the time"...again could you expand on this, does the E7 have trouble establishing a stable connection over wifi?

Thanks again for your extremely helpful feedback, I'm now not worrying if I "only" get a E7 offered as a replacement - I think I'll be happy either way!