View Single Post
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I agree with OP. Although my gadget lust drives me to learn about and anticipate new devices, I don't always get the latest. I'm also confused by the constant internet battles about which phone is theoretically capable of a couple of extra CPU instructions per second, or has this or that GPU. Hardware is nothing without proper and efficient utilisation (which is one reason I do want an N9 as my next purchase over anything currently available other than a second N900).

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The websites that I create now aren't fully compatible with the phone I had then.

That more or less sums up why I'd call it "old hardware".
Hmm? You're a talented communicator, so I normally understand your posts very clearly (even if I occasionally disagree with them) but I don't get this. How does hardware tie in? A lack of RAM? Or what?

What web technology (other than Flash... about which I don't personally care much) isn't working with the N900 these days? I'm not saying there isn't any - I'm just curious what the issue is and how your hands are tied by the hardware of the N900...

...or am I misunderstanding something?

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-08-26 at 23:02. Reason: Fixing a broken formatting tag

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post: