View Single Post
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
I'm sorry to resurrect this topic but I'm trying to set a specific codec in the SIP client i.e. the GSM codec. Has anyone been able to do that? It seems from the info I gathered as around the forum, that gsm codec is not working in the SIP client of N900.

I'm trying to do a SIP conversation between my N900 and my GF's Ginger-breaded Hero and of course the piece of **** that Android is, it does support only gsm and g.711. The problem is that when trying to connect to the N900 with g.711 Android's phone stack dies a horrible death, not to mine displeasure, I have to admit. At the same time N900 doesn't seem to work with the gsm codec at all in SIP mode.

I'm running my own SIP (kamailio) server (not media server i.e. asterisk/freeswitch, but real SIP server) so essentially I don't want to rewrite the SDP and kill the idea behind SIP by forcing something to the phones that they don't want to do.

By the way it seems my E71 is quite happy with the PCM (g.711) of the Android and vice-versa, so the stupid, created around 5 pm on a Friday before a long-weekend, OS doesn't seem to die, so if you are willing to share some g.711 magic for the N900, it would be great. Also if someone knows a way to enable speex or iLBC on the Android OS through the native SIP client, that would really make my day.