View Single Post
Good to see some activity, just updating to say school started and I have not had time to work on the n900, i already have enough with a system I have to finish soon.

@orokusaki
I believe if you install busybox you get chroot, no need for ubuntu mobile, just in case you did not know this
and about the NPTL I also tried with Slack 10.4 (2.4 Pre-NPTL kernel) and it still failed with the forking error, the problem is probably the binfmt
EDIT2: According to this https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/739785 you are right, however that leaves me VERY confused with why slack 10.4 did not work with me?? I will patch, compile and test

Question to all, if you run bash with the ./qemu-i386 /chroot/ld-linux bladibla and place the qemu executable in /chroot/bin can you run it from the chroot?? because if you can then the problem would most probably be binfmt
Question 2: how do I find the magic of binary files?? This could help a lot to solve the binfmt issues (of course Damion and his chroot would help too )

EDIT: Ok, I tested the first question and I got the forking error, still does not exclude binfmt
about the second question using the command 'file' reads the first bytes to find the magic and check it against a file in the HD if I understand correctly (/usr/share/file/magic), looking into it to find if the magic for i386 is correctly established.

On a sidenote, if I have time I will set up scratchbox and compile qemu-i386-static, which is actually made for chrooting (rather than qemu-i386 which is made for dynamically loading executables, orokusaki you might also want to look into this for your device ) or find all the libraries wine requires and keep on testing, hope I get somewhere

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2011-09-11 at 21:16.