View Single Post
I send in my N900 send in for repairs to my provider, and got a N8 back. Calling them with the info a mistake had been made, they told me since the 1st of April they're obligated to send the phone to Nokia.

Since Nokia couldn't be bothered fixing it (the wiring to the screen had gone bogus) and since they don't make the N900, they send me 'their new flagship' as apparently I agreed with these conditions when sending it to them.
I explained them I did not send it to them and I would like my phone back and I will have someone fix it (since the warranty apparently is worth nothing, I might as well open it up). After all Nokia Care doesn't seem to care much as on the phone they got angry at me for not agreeing with their policy, and they simply ignore my mails or other support requests.

So, with my farewell here (unless I somehow get a N900 back through keeping the pressure on my provider and Nokia) I just want to warn everyone NOT to send the phone to Nokia.

Also, I might not be entirely objective considering the circumstances but I'll also tell you the N8 (which I actually considered buying) is a really bad phone, I guess the only good thing is the camera. Symbian Anna is simply really unlogical, crashes a lot, Swype doesn't work for my language so is pretty useless and the list goes on and on. Some, although very little, things it does very good, but most of it are just half-assed copies of other systems and a not completed attempt at making Symbian touch-worthy.

I'm really considering letting Nokia go with this action, I always gave them the benefit of the doubt and was looking forward to the Nokia+WP7 phones (good hardware, slick designs and promising software).. but I'm really looking at other phones. With a hardware keyboard I might add

Good luck to all of you, the N900 will be the best not entirely complete phone I ever had.

I'm off enjoying the horrors of the N8..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MatthiasL For This Useful Post: