View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bequezox View Post
Perhaps i will.. curved screen is not enough, though... it's that dualcurving niceness of the n9 i like... and touchbuttons is soo 2000-late, i really hope the droids gets something different soon.. it doesn't feel right, and it takes up too much space.., but yes build-qualitywise it does seem nice (from the petty amount of info, though :P)

the only complaint is a screen of 4.65 inches. if it has a bezel which is 1mm thick i'll manage, otherwise people will think me a pervert with that thing in my pocket :P
Actually, as I understood it, since it's running Ice Cream Sandwich, it's not supposed to have any buttons anymore (ala Honeycomb style UI move to remove buttons).

Also, I walk about with a 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab in my pocket all the time. So far, I've never had anyone say they even noticed it. Actually had several Verizon guys try to walk up to me to sell me on tablets whenever I peruse them and then have to show them that I'm already carrying one and listening to my podcasts (since I'm usually wearing my Motorola S305 bluetooth stereo headphones while I walk about the shops).

I'll bet it won't be cheap either, though, but I get the sense it'll still be cheaper (and far better specced.. coming out in a couple of months, possibly) than the N9. It's an incredible shame that Nokia concentrated so hard to lock it down with closed-source and TC/DRM, instead of investing those resources toward getting far more MeeGo compatible open-friendly and competitive components to at least be able to claim to be better than Android or anyone else's offerings.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: