View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Actually, I did no such thing. I simply pointed out there had been plenty of time for people to step up. That observation does not obviate a possible extension-- which I am not opposed to given the circumstances.
Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post

So guys, please, lets make it clear - either you will make this final effort (as a council members) to mail those from the council who don't participate on TMO anymore and persons nominated so far to get their opinion on extending nomination period, or you will make a decision by yourselves quickly.

Texrat, SD69, I am really sorry to put such a pressure on you, I know both of you live with the idea behind this community, FOSS as a whole and all of the Maemo, Meego and mobile Linux stuff, but I think we (as a community), developers who contribute, ordinary users, etc. , should have a council members who are enthusiastic, energetic and interested in the future of TMO, CSSU, Maemo 5 and n900. Because it seems to me that hard times are coming.
It seems to me I should not make the effort you suggest because I am involved in the election. Whether Texrat does is up to him. Maybe you make this effort yourself? Although the election is scheduled to start in 3 days and it takes time to prepare.

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
So either extend the date please so that we get the best out of our community as an active COUNCIL or if the council members have already been selected then i hope they will work in the best interest of the community and also i would like to see that there are always 5 or more than 5 members working for the community .
Although I would also like to see at least 5 council members, you do not need to be on council to work for the community. It is an open community. Say what a person would do if they were on council and most things they can probably do anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: