View Single Post
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Scrolling without the marker selected (as in roaming the map, if you like). Like looking over the surrounding area.
I think that you refer to scrolling that is a little different than usual. Other programs (all mapping apps, web browser, image viewer) move the contents with pointer movement on screen. Since pointer location is not refreshed that often on N900 I decided to go the other way to provide smooth scrolling.

I do not want to talk math here but I can say that implementing two strategies for scrolling (usual scrolling and the one which is in CloudGPS right now - the "gliding one") will be rather easy. I will add an option for that once the onscreen settings are there. I personally prefer the current gliding strategy but I think the usual one should be the default.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I want to download maps on my pc and transfer them to the phone. What zoom shoul I choose?
It is really up to you. One should consider the number of tiles to download and needed detail level. I never do bulk downloading but sometimes I explore the places I am about to go to using CloudGPS. I almost always walk on my feet so my preferred zoom level is 17 or 18. For the road between start and end of trip I do not need much detail because I only use CloudGPS to check the route progress. Zoom level 9-10 is often enough for me.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hmmm.
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/cloudgps/
0/0 bugs

Itīs probably in this thread. First message reformatting & update or dedicated wiki-page? Need help?
Yes, please. It is a great idea. Wiki page will be appropriate place to store project info. You can start creating a page template and I will fill the missing bits in next couple of days.