View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Lets make one thing clear, you don't need security framework for NFC payments.

Once the phone becomes the payment token, it will be much more exposed than traditional contact/contactless card.

As for N9 nobody has so far confirmed the payment ability. Sure NXP PN 544 does contain NXP smart card processor, but for the payments to work you need:
1. smart card applet supporting this installed inside the smart card
2. payment credentials provided by the your bank.

Now what will happen if you choose iPhone 6 in two years? What do you do with your payment credentials.
As I said before there is not yet a standard for how to handle payments etc.. Because all of them seems as competitiors and the bank and cardcompanys is stupid.

Iphone goes theyr own way. They may success they may fail. Google may have theyr own they may succes they may fail... MicroNokia may have theyr solution they may fail.. or sucess

Some operators want crypto in the SIM card. And the cardcompanys have big intrests too. SO my point was there is no standard yet so every damn phonemanufactor implement theyr own. So question about N9 will or will not have payment support is irrelevant until there is a shared standard for payments. Or more you should ask this: "Will I be able to pay using Iphone solution or Android solution or dual nokia/android/iphone solution"

And as I say before Iphone or Android MAY have payment on mobile, problem is will this be standanized enought to work globally? I doubt.

Google has already said: "Sweden is not ready for NFC" (bullish!!!)

But one thing is for sure those damn companys have too stop fight about this its just plain stupid! And stops innovation!

They MUST make a standard working for every damn phone outhere NOW.

And I hope this standard is something that can be used by N9 too.

It cant be that hard!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-23 at 20:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: