View Single Post
Originally Posted by travla View Post
The documented fix for Black Screen is to install QTQuick Compatibility (available in extras, see below):

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...qtquickcompat/
hello, i've been banging my head for 3 days with reflash etc

recently flashed my phone, reinstalled all the apps and everything works fine..

yesterday try to use sygic and gps wouldn't lock

same for maps same for marble

i installed all the apps in one batch using fast apman, so did not really know what was causing the problem, so i blamed it to the CSSU

reflashed yesterday and all fine again, testing the gps after most of the big changes such as CSSU which i installed after sygic, can't remember what i've done before going to bed and, this morning same thing.

reflashed the phone and left it with just basic apps. then while stack in traffic (sygic working fine) and bored i decided to install fmobi, and so the QTQuick Compatibility bacause of the black screen.

result, at reboot, gps would not lock anymore.

unistalled both, and gps is fine again... don't know if it was either one, but i reckon it was the QT rather than fmobi, which was not required in the previous version of fmobi, or at least it was not showing this problem.

is it just me? this has not happened once but a few times not and for the moment i have to ditch fmobi or won't be able to use the satnav.