View Single Post
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ grenoble
sorry for the late reply, but at least it gaves me better experience with this useless crap
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Forgive my bluntness, but you're doing it wrong. E7 is twice as efficient with battery compared to N900 - mainly because it has a much more efficient screen, less overhead overall and, with a smaller resolution, there's half the work to render.
.... and can anly do half and n900 can ...

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
E7 isn't an internet tablet.
THAT'S the main probleme. in fact, maemo was so great that it leaves everything behind. i've baught a maemo product. not an symbian3, wich is not better than an windows mobile device on smartphone (YES, you heard it right), ...... and if wanted an windows phone 7 device, i'd go for an htc, not waiting ages for nokia to be bought by mlcrosh*t

by the way, now a can say what is really symbian3.
it's windows 95.
.... but everybody else have windows 7.

symbian3 is the same mess than windows95

it is totaly obsolete. and anna (and belle, and crap/whatever wich come next, is just lipstick on a pig.

i know, there is a bit of symbian heritage, like the two on screen bottom button. but i DON'T care. even linux, has lost of his old habits, like copy-past that is application wide, and not system wide.

let start this little review.

so, you boot your device, and come to widget screen, and HO MY GOD, failing so hard. yes, FIXED widget, in position AND size. come on, this is not 2003 anymore!!!! my old windows mobile phone as fixed widget too, but only on position, NOT size. so, if use a meteo widget, it can't display anything. as someone already said, email widget, 2 line. in windows mobile, widget can take half the screen and display A LOT of information.....

ok, so, now, how to start an app? ok, menu button, here it is.... contacts, web, messaging, photos, store, map, and .... WTF ???? office? apps?
so why are they 2 floder, one for app, wich, contain not ALL app, and an "office" folder containing system application like "zip" and "file manager"?
but where do i send email? in messaging? no, this is for sms.
ok, nothing in "office" folder, so, maybe in app? YES. for email, you have to go through menu/app/email, and for sms, menu/messaging and for setup? yeah, easy! menu/setup, thats all. but wait, in menu/app/tools/phone-setup, what is that. yeah, menu thing is just icon in random places .....
in maemo, it's simple, menu/xxx yeah, easy
..... and if you want more, juste use catorise, and done! menu/classification-folder/xxx. and for unknown app /menu/ovi or /menu/other. done.

once you have find your app, started it, maybe you want to start another? and do multitasking thing? so, long press on button for task swithing, and HO MY GOD....
i'm only able to see juste ONE app wich is ..... what? THE MENU ?????? menu in the task manager? so here it is, windows 3.1 ......
so you have to slide, slide, slide agan, slide, slide again, see background app-services (after having menu in task switcher, yeah, having services in task swither is obvious .... nevermind) to close your application

to close your application

to close your application, close your application, close that sh*t off!!
application has frozen, and there is no way to kill it without rebooting. windows95 style.

ok, so after rebooting, why not sending sms ?
so, menu/app .... no no, menu/messaging (sorry, forget where it was LOL).
new sms and wow, app crash.
never mind
menu/messaging, "to:, blablabla....."
app crash again
never mind, it happen.
menu/messaging, and BSOD yeah! phone reboot!!!! not only the app, the WHOLE phone !!!!

it's enough for the first part of this review.
AND YES, everything IS true story. wich mean 3 crash for just an sms .........