View Single Post
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
I have never run into a crash for the entire month of testing and using it. I have used this app for while before release it. It would help if you describe what you did to crash and is it reproduceable?
Sure. It's unfortunately not reproduceable by specific instructions, but out of good (bad?) luck, it just crashed the very first time I tried it after reading your message.

I opened the program, clicked a video from the main screen, clicked two related videos in a row, it showed "cannot open media source" briefly (maybe 100 milliseconds) and then crashed before I could click OK on the message. I don't remember seeing the "cannot open media source" message the last times when it was crashing, maybe it's a red herring.

When I restarted and tried the exact same behavior again, it didn't crash. I browsed probably 50 videos with no crash this time...

My general usage pattern when I encountered these crashes basically involved watching lots of related videos, several levels deep of related, going back to main menu and watching some others. Sometimes stopping or skipping ahead in videos, changing between fullscreen and windowed mode (or however you want to call the non-fullscreen mode). I browsed by category, but the crashed happened even without utilizing that feature. I did not use search at all.

Next time I'll try starting nvideo from commandline, in case it produces any interesting messages if it crashes again.

I'm using CSSU and kernel-power v49. Let me know if there's any other info I can provide that might be useful. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post: