View Single Post
I went to a (different) mobilezone shop in zürich today and was told (again) that the actual phones are arriving next week. they had a few N9 dummies for me to play around with though
Here is what i think of the colors:

"Magenta": it is pink. Really really pink. From the promotion pictures on the web i thought it would be more of a pastel-color (and a bit dull), but on the dummy-phone it was very flashy. (Maybe not for me^^)
Edit: on closer inspection the mediocre display of my laptop is to blame, the promo-pics of the N9 look much better on my Eizo screen

"Cyan": Brilliant, i love that color. It goes very well together with the deep-black screen (still a dummyphones screen though) Back looks good too, i had the fear the camera module would look awkwardly small when paired with a light color.

"Black": it looked disappointingly dull next to the other two colors. it also isn't really black, it is more like "dark grey", similar to (i think) the E7 and N8 "dark grey" versions. It looked meh compared to the deep black of the screen. Maybe a flashy lockscreen on a working N9 would help...

(The black dummy had some weird scuff marks on the plastic next to the "glass" screen which made me wonder if it's made of the same supposedly high-grade polycarbonate the production devices are made of, maybe they'll vastly differ in color too...)

I don't really know what to do now, i've pre-ordered a black 64GB version three weeks ago and it should arrive any day, but somehow it looks a bit dull (but still great compared to other phones) and i would kick myself if a few weeks from now there would be a cyan 64GB version available.

So what should i do? Is there any info yet on the (non)-existence of a cyan 64gb Nokia N9?

Last edited by Hydroponies; 2011-10-04 at 20:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hydroponies For This Useful Post: