View Single Post
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Thanks for the patch Pali. A while ago I defined a 'clr' u-boot command to clear the screen so I could avoid going into the garbled screen mode.
I also spend several evenings trying to figure out how to get the mmcs online
Also tried omap_mmc_init(x) wiht x=0,1,2. Added some twl4030_i2c calls to set voltage to MMC2 and VAUX3 (If I understand it correctly older n900 models need MMC2, newer ones VAUX3 pins). Maybe newer models have wireless ALN on MMC2 now hence the GPIO_130-139 stuff...

I also noticed that twl403_power_mmc_init() is called by uboot but twl4030_power_init() is not. I added this function bit it did not help either...

One other thing. I defined a u-boot backlight command to set the backlight level of the screen. Other the n900 starts up with a very dim screen. Using this command I can get a readable screen again. For now it is just a hack.

I use generic_mmc too as I rebased on the latest denx master. apperantly the mmc naming scheme is changed by that. when I have an available mmc its is mmc1 and that indeed is the eMMC (so these times I was able to boot android as I installed nitdroid (and kernel and initramfs) on eMMC partition 5).