View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I am currently going back and forth with him via email now.
He wanted original non-resized files of the ones I've upped etc.
I will be sending him more samples from various phones I have.

One thing he mentioned is this: (this sounds informative enough for everyone hence I hope it's okay to quote his exact words)

So this is why N9 uses 1/30 seconds or higher for flash photos. But to get this shutter speed and maintain correct exposure in dark lighting situation requires higher ISO gain. (hence it uses high ISO value also)

I don't think my N9 is bad. My N9 takes quite decent pics when there is plenty of light and using low ISO. Anyways, I will do some more comparisons myself with the phones I have with much more controlled parameters. (including the use of a tripod for each shot)

My comparisons I did with N8 and SGS2 are all valid still. I didn't give any device any more favors than the other. All set to AUTO and just composed the shot and then pressed the shutter. There really isn't a lot to go wrong or make mistakes. =P

Anyways, I will update on my twitter or blog once I get something even more concrete.
hell both you and especially Damien should have credit for he acttually seems intrested to check what "could be wrong" I mean I take this as they may have some intrests to improve camera driver/jpeg compressiion etc Atleast it gives some hope

lets kick atleast SGSII in the ***

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-08 at 13:15.