View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Also, question: Is there any way to define more granular cookie settings than just cookies on/off?

I'm always unhappy with the level of cookie setting options on the N900's browsers. The closest I've gotten is on MicroB, where in about:config I set it so that it accepts cookies without asking, but only from the same server as the webpage that's trying to offer you the cookie. Keeps the advertisement cookies the **** out, I think, but I would rather be able to specify more specifically what cookies to auto-accept, which ones to prompt for, and which ones to reject, by criteria like how long the cookie is supposed to 'live' until it expires, whether the cookie's originating server's URL matches (or partially matches) the domain of the webpage you're on now, etc.

I found that I SHOULD, in theory, get close to what I want by going to opera:config and changing "Enable Cookies" to 8 (allow first-party, prompt for third-party). However, either the documentation I read is old, or the settings are different for Opera Mobile, because it was set to 14 when I went to change it (documentation I read had only 0-8) - so I was hoping one of the Opera people could say whether or not the opera:config "Enable Cookies" options are the same for normal Opera and the Maemo version?

- Edit -
I tried changing "Enable Cookies" to 8 and saving the settings, but both reopening the about:config page and restarting Opera and then reopening the page has the setting at 14 again. (Other settings change and save succesfully.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-10-15 at 19:13.