View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Personally, I never saw the point of widgets. I tried liking them. Tried using them. Not in a "fine, sure ill try, oooh look im trying widgets oh what fun..." kind of way, but really made an effort.
Say that to the N900 crowd. I triple dog dare you. The N900 crowd loved widgets the most, even surpassing the Android group imho.

Of course the HW isnt top of the line. Hell, its barely middle of the line as far as I can tell. Thats true. However the specs, as you say, must be seen in the light of how the OS makes use of it.
Now the question is... will the Harmattan engineers have enough time to "finish" it... PR1.1 adds some seriously cool tweaks. I know more are probably forthcoming, but more are definitely needed. It's still spitting out "low memory" errors, I've rarely seen one in Android nor WP7 or iOS.

Not going to sit here and say that dualcore wouldnt be nice, cause... hell, who would. But same specs on something running Android 2.3.5 probably would be a hell of a lot worse of an experience than Maemo6.
Until proven otherwise, the hardware decision was not based on any real reason other than it was inexpensive. Yet they still charge a premium? C'mon dawg... seriously?

Its not "judge the UI/SW not the HW" its more like you say in the end; judge the phone entire.
I'll wait until I have mine in hand before I judge the phone fully. But I would like forward thinking hardware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: