View Single Post
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by whayong View Post
But there are things that it does better than the N900. Aside from what was already mentioned by Mikescomputing, out of the box, navigation,
Not exactly the same feature set as N8, but N9 ships with voice guided navigation (a 'drive' app).

doc editing
AFAIK, N9 has doc editing for many formats.

MMS support
There out-the-box.

3G video calling
Unsure.

USB OTG
Not working out-the-box, but a developer (who has been working on host mode enabler for N900) who has been working on N950, and seems to think an app will be able to accomplish it, was provided an N9 to work on this.

, are a few tricks it has up its sleeve. There are also IMO better versions of some apps in S^3 like Sports Tracker vs ECoach etc...
Both SportsTracker and eCoach (a different version than for N900) are available for N9.

In the end, it all comes down to what you need in a device and what you can live WITHOUT and not what you can live with. I find myself in a curious situation because there are times I needed the functionality of one over the other, hence why I carry both devices with me all the time (I have a roaming sim from another country on the N900) since december 2010. I guess what I had hopped the N9 would be is a full combination of an N900 + N8 (=N9), all the goods in each device into one, instead of the "compromised" device that Nokia is now calling the N9.
What is compromised in N9, that is not compromised in N8?

N9 is compromised by the lack of 'ecosystem', the 'Qt ecosystem', which is one the N8 shares.