View Single Post
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The fact that the WP7 Nokia phones might not make it into the US until 2012, there's no collision. In fact, it probably wouldn't hurt sales at all.

Amazon.de is the only place I think I've heard of being sold - but is it sold directly by Amazon or by some of these aforementioned second through fourth tier retailers?

That's a legitimate question that I cannot answer quickly.

But, I do get what you're saying and agree. If they are trying not to cannibalize any potential WP7 sales, then not offering the N9 in that region makes sense. Problem is, that's assuming that they'll even have any WP7 sales to begin with...
it's not a third party on amazon as far as my bad german can tell, i looked looked for that first. maybe a fluent german speaker/reader can confirm 100%
it is a shame how they are releasing it as i don't think it would effect their wp7 sales, people who want the n9 are people who know about it. if they released a wp7 device at the same time most people would end up with the wp7 due to the heavy marketing by microsoft and nokia. they might lose some sales to the n9 but it's still money in their pocket. what i wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall for a few of their meetings where they make the decisions.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post: