View Single Post
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
It's not that simple. Open source drivers do exist - yes, but you still don't have sources for libEGL - i.e. the opengl es acceleration. I couldn't find binaries linked against libc yet (only bionic/android ones - not compatible), not to mention hardfp ones. Maybe there could be something in the Linaro project (for the Origen board) - but as I said, I didn't find anything.

Also I'm not quite sure that you have all the kernel modules. Just recently they started working on DRM - I'm not sure it supports the HDMI out yet etc.

Another problem could be the GSM chipset - question is whether it uses some common protocol, or whether you have to sniff and decypher it.

I was looking into LG Optimus 2x, which is quite similar in terms of power - and for that (tegra 2 chipset) nvidia provides a complete linux solution. Also the GSM module seems to be supported by oFono (on the first sight) so this could be an easier way to go...

But maybe Samsung will help eventually, when he's that much into merging that exynos stuff to kernel mainline.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andree For This Useful Post: