View Single Post
More developers are certainly required for Meego-Harmattan. I've been monitoring and it seems like a couple of new apps a day. This is certainly not going to build up the app store in reasonable time. Of course we may see more apps coming in a torrent in Dec but somehow I don't think so. Why should developers all finish at the same time?

Very few commercial developers are interested except for Gameloft which has produced a couple of excellent games for N9. This is understandable as Elop has practically given Meego the death blow by announcing there will be no more Meego phones. He is also giving away 25,000 Lumia 800 phones free to developers. Unloved by its parents the N9 has to depend on the Meego community for its survival.

Sorry to keep driving on apps but a robust pool of apps is the key to N9's success as a mainstream phone. Otherwise it will suffer the fate of WebOs and Samsung's Bada. If N9 becomes widely successful Nokia may reconsider and produce another Meego phone.

I would like to urge developers to produce some mainstream apps first before going on to more specialized apps. I've detailed some in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79666

Remember, the future of Meego-Harmattan is in your hands, literally.

Last edited by SamGan; 2011-11-07 at 14:36.