View Single Post
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I got really mad because they weren't updating the other one and emailed Mr. Elop about it. Luckily, he reads his email, and my complaint was passed on to the right people to make some improvements in this area.[*]
If you have any problem with the phone that could possibly be fixed with a software update please check the new bugtracker and search to see if it's reported already. I think you can at least browse without signing up now, and it's easier to create an account if you need one to add comments or a new bug.
The announcement for this bugtracker was made about a day ago here.

Since some of you might not have used a bugtracker before, basically all you need to know is that when creating a new bug, try to give exact steps to reproduce the problem. If you have the same problem as someone else, you're supposed to "vote" for the bug and not reply useless "me too" comments because every comment gets emailed to lots of people and they really don't want that extra mail. Read this. The search box at the top isn't searching in closed bugs (things they fixed or won't fix) so click on search link and change type to all when doing a search. Keep in mind the people reading it are engineers and programmers, not customer service.

Anyways, try to take advantage of this, judging from past Nokia support we have about a year to get them to fix everything. You can also put feature requests (enhancements) into it. Just try not to annoy the poor Nokia employees reading it with too much junk. After suffering with an ignored bugtracker for the last few months we really don't want to lose it again.

Oh, I should also mention they tried to copy all the bugs from the previous bug tracker to the new one, but if there was anything on the old one you voted for or added yourself to the cc list you will need to do that again. Some comments may have been lost too, so please double check.

[*] Quim Gil says it's a coincidence; they were already working on this new bugtracker for us. So, maybe I didn't help much with my email. I am just glad I don't have to send another.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-03-09 at 06:17.

The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post: