View Single Post
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
-> 1. Again with purchasing, I see some retailers online have them listed as an International Version, I know it will probably work with AT&T's USA 3G network, but the "Internation model" threw me off, just need verification that it WILL work with AT&T 3G in the states.

Yeah, it's pentaband so it'll do voice and 3G on both AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA. Some sites claim that it'll support both network faux-4G HSPA+ band but I haven't seen these speeds yet on my N9.

-> 2. I was watching some videos online and noticed when opening applications it seemed to take a few seconds. Is this normal? I know an update was just released, has opening applications sped up?

My model is still on PR 1.0 and I can tell you that most applications open up immediately. I've noticed some studder and slowdown if the N9 is doing some major work in the background like when doing application installations, notification updates of a large size, or refreshing a dozen or so podcast feeds in padcatcher.

-> 3. Regarding the notification area, I don't like the idea of having my entire Facebook/Twitter feeds appear on there. Is it possible to just have it show whenever I get a new message, or when someone posts on my wall? Or whenever I get a new mention on Twitter?

Nope. You either enabled all facebook updates or enable none on the notification screen.

-> 4. Can you uninstall some of the applications that come on the phone? One of my biggest peeves on Android was that some of the installed apps couldn't be removed unless you rooted the device.

Some you can, like the video games, and some you can't, like the track and protect package or user guide. But I didn't see anything that I would call bloatware.

-> 5. and finally, where can I find some awesome cases for the device and where can I get a good deal on a 64GB version?

If you find some, let me know. :P

-> 6. Oh! and how is the keyboard? I haven't seen too many videos that use the keyboard.

I like it. It's my first phone ever without a HW QWERTY and I thought it would be death, especially with the X-terminal. But I'm becoming quite fond of it.