View Single Post
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
Oh, wow ... i tried it and it is indeed much more useful than i expected it to be. Great!
Wow, a great feedback from the real master
Thanks a lot

There are two issues with Harmattan which also arise under Symbian and which i therefore had to implement a solution for. Perhaps you want to re-use these:
  • Symbian also has no controls to close full screen windows. To cope with this the customwindow.cpp contains some magic to implement a custom window title with icon and a "back" arrow in the top right corner.
  • Symbian doesn't support finger/touch scrolling by itself. This is implemented in flickcharm.cpp (inspired by but not identical to a similar solution from nokia). Just enable the flickcharm section in the pro file and finger scrolling should be possible in most lists
Thank you for your suggestions. I will have a look into that.

As you might have seen, I am hiding the parent windows when opening another child window. This is to prevent multiple windows shown in the task manager. Sadly I was not able to hide the main window, because after I made it visible again it was just white. It might need an explicit redrawing, but I haven't digged into this yet.
Also, showing a child window and then hiding its parent window seems to need quite some time. Because of that always for a moment no window is shown. I would like to improve this, but haven't figured out yet how.

Also you might consider removing the non-fullscreen mode entirely as it doesn't seem to make much sense on harmattan and the button just eats up screen space.
I thought its useful if you can see the status informations (network connection, GPS status and notifications. Maybe I can hide the menu bar which actually is emtpy and a real space waster.

CacheMe 0.8.12 is out and e.g. addresses the map arrow heading in the main map. It's now bound to the magnetic compass and always points in the right direction.
Ah, now I also understand what Kung Foo actually wanted to say

BTW:
It was quite easy to get it into OVI store. They only criticised that it is not a game but a map application.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator