View Single Post
Originally Posted by menno View Post
Is the sound quality as bad as the Galaxy S2?

This report was pretty scathing about the sound, saying it was below average for a high end smartphone, due to the use of a Yamaha MC-1N2 code, which is why I ask:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4686/s...t-redefined/13
can't comment re. SGS2 comparison 'cos I've never used that phone. The sound from the note on speaker is mediocre (similar in max volume to n900, possibly slightly louder but not much, and feels "piercing" rather than satisfying if turned up; mono speaker, positioned at back of phone which kills any volume/quality unless you flip the phone over). On the supplied headphones, I found the sound pretty poor too - lacking particularly in bass but generally dull & lifeless. However that was on the stock music player. I now have the cube player and fiddling with its 5 band EQ I've managed to get a reasonable sound out of the headset. Not brilliant, but on a par with N900's supplied earphones. I haven't tried it with a better quality headphone set, so again can't comment.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post: