View Single Post
Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
from that linked review:

"The Samsung Galaxy Note uses the standard TouchWiz music player, which is pretty good news as we cannot think of a feature that it lacks."

err, except for the ability to play an album's tracks in their original numerical order rather than alphabetically - or am I missing some obvious config option to enable that?! Seriously, I couldn't believe that in 2011 a stock media player didn't do that out of the box.
in the interests of fairness I must admit that an OTA upgrade at the weekend to 2.3.6 fixed the stock player. Somewhat quicker than N900 which IIRC didn't fix replay order until PR1.2.

EDIT #1 - just realised that SGN stock player is still playing alphabetically if you play an album from the album view. However if you select an artist, then their album(s) are listed correctly in track order. Selecting the 1st track on an album in this view will then play all tracks in proper sequence. So, the issue is NOT fixed by the 2.3.6 upgrade, I just fooled myself into believing it was.

EDIT #2 - also I now remember that the N900 issue only affected .wma files, not .mp3's whereas the SGN is doing it on all types).

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2011-11-28 at 15:56.