View Single Post
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^ Yup, n9-apps.com is gradually building-up it's listings too, & is a bit slicker.
Well, it depends on what you mean by 'slicker' - functionality and content, or just the design. Please note that My-MeeGo.com offers a range of features not available on n9-apps, including (but not limited to):

- browsable software categories (e.g. if you're interested in just games or financial software, why be forced to see everything else, mixed up)
- searching by app name, developer name, any text in description
- filtering apps by free / commercial / all
- filtering search results by free / commercial / all
- separate Downloads section for quick browsing and downloading with one click, without having to open each application page separately
- in both the Software catalog and Downloads possibility to list software from a selected developer
- Top rated / Most commented / Latest (chronological) lists
- MeeGo and Maemo discussion forums
- FAQ/Tips section (not too big but to be enhanced soon)
- Maemo/MeeGo reviews (N800, N810, N900, WeTab, etc., N9/N950 review coming soon when I find time to finish it)
- home page with daily news, not only regarding new software but also everything else about MeeGo

- .... and first of all, over 730 Harmattan applications listed and downloadable, compared to less than 70 on n9-apps.com, i.e. by an order of magnitude more. Probably almost all there is, and surely the most of all existing Harmattan software directories.

Yes, I am aware that the design of my website looks considerably worse than n9-apps (well, I am not a graphically gifted person and despite many requests no one ever offered his help in this regard) but my goal has always been (also on My-Symbian and My-Maemo) to focus on content and functionality, not mainly the look. Hence I preferred to spend the last 3 months on adding over 730 apps and this way creating the biggest existing Harmattan software directory, rather than playing with the design....

Best regards,
Michal Jerz
http://My-MeeGo.com

Last edited by My-Maemo.com; 2011-11-29 at 07:51.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to My-Maemo.com For This Useful Post: