View Single Post
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
@computerinfo21
I think you'll find it more problematic when messages have a null group_uid than a missing remote_uid.. it's group_uid that lets the phone assign a message to a conversation...

e.g. if I text these numbers:
+447711223344
00447711223344 (for most countries where 00 is the international escape code)

It goes to the same person but the remote_uid field is different in each case. As is standard with phones, they take the last 7 digits and assume it's unique to a contact, thus removing the problem that prefixes cause the same number to appear differently

Try it by calling your friend, but swap some number *not* in the last 7 digits, for another.. Phone will say youre calling ur friend, but the call wont connect

For SMS in el.db the group_uid is the last 7 digits of the phone number.. Its also used in groupcache and from what I've seen so far groupcache is the table that influences the appearance of the message list (error icons, unread msgs etc)
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
you should also take care to truly only implement fixes of the nature described here on rows where service_id = 3 (sms) because you may end up screwing up your calls and chat lists if you apply blanket changes to services 1 (calls) and 2 (chat)
Good thoughts on the subject cjard, seem like good things to keep in mind when editing the database. But that's why a couple good back ups beforehand are done in case of a mistake.
Keep that in mind when editing the database folks, have to be careful & be sure the changes you are making actually make sense.
However, with that said, I am not sure if those things have gone wrong for others, but for me only the things I mentioned were problems. Going back to the update of the groupcache on those fields I believe.
I looked through the database pretty good before making any changes, and the first SQL statement of each step is to help narrow down if that particular problem exists.

The group_uid was always assigned correctly in my case, and the only places I was having problems were the SMS messages, those having problems with other areas will definitely need to implement other fixes. Thanks for warning them.