View Single Post
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I got 2 DVDs with source code of software from Nokia. One with Maemo5 and one with Harmattan. I did not checked all tarballs, but it seems to be same source code as in both SDK repositories...
Just to confirm then, for Maemo5/N900 development, it's just as good to use the SDK. Where as, for Harmattan on should apply to Nokia in writing?

For those who do wish to obtain the source discs from Nokia, where is the info on what to include in the correspondence? Apologies if it's in the Wiki - I couldn't find it under "source", "source code" or "obtain source".

From a personal perspective, although it's a bit of a hassle to use traditional mail, as opposed to electronic means, there's something to be said for having a physical entity; To me, it's like for reference books: having a physical copy of a is better than just the e-version. Also, if you edit the source (intentionally or by accident), the original isn't going to change if it's on read-only media.

Interesting point made by Pelago on that post in the meego forum about how sources need to be available for every binary released. Perhaps updates to source should be available electronically, otherwise Nokia might going to run out of stamps!

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: