View Single Post
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Don't bother trying to uninstall with make then if it's not working, just let dpkg -i overwrite. If you get errors, try removing with dpkg -r then installing again. Are you having problems installing papyon from the deb?
I got a couple of warnings and also a No digsigsums file, but it installed fine.
telepathy-butterfly threw a number number of warnings though, a number of directories are linked but does not belong to any package.

I'll try an uninstall when i get home, this is too painful without putty:P
Everything seem to be working still even without the uninstall. I'll report back on the battery issue.

Quick update, /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/telepathy/tel is eating all the CPU. despite a decent signal (webpages load with decent speed) The status icon just keeps on flashing and I can't connect

UPDATE:
just did an uninstall and re-install. I think the problem is signal strength. Although signal is reasonable for loading website, it may be quite variable and telepathy doesn't like it. I'm not having this issue at home on wifi or walking around outside with 3G. i never had this problem with my n900 though in the office at work. Hopefully pr1.2 can improve this.

Last edited by rexii23; 2011-12-02 at 08:13.