Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] [Announce] Advanced Geocaching Tool
View Single Post
I'm having some trouble in reproducing this error, therefore I need your help. Then, I'll try to fix the bug as soon as possible.

What I need is a wireshark log of a unsuccessful login. That is, I need you to run wireshark on the wireless or gprs interface (can be run on N900) while you're trying to log in at geocaching.com. Start wireshark, start a new capture on the wireless or gprs interface, then start AGTL and try to download a geocache. Stop wireshark and save the file. There should be some HTTP packets in the log. Some wireless routers (e.g. FritzBox) can also produce a packet trace without additional software (-> google).

There will be private data contained in the packet trace, i.e. your geocaching.com password. Therefore, you should change the password to a temporary password beforehand and reset it afterwards. Remember to change the password in AGTL as well :-)

However, if you're lazy and don't change your password: I promise to delete the data after the analysis and I'll not use your password for anything.

Please send the log file to fett [at) danielfett.de and tell me if you're using WIFI or a mobile connection and if you're using the latter, please tell me your provider.

Thanks!
Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post: