View Single Post
Originally Posted by flof View Post
I'm getting a Swype Database error when I try to choose the last language in my list (German,EnglishUS). Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?
The original languages.lst doesn't have a comma after the last character. Dis you leave the one that was behind your last language?

I also made sure to use the regular keyboard while making the changes. I don't know how this will behave if you change the file while using swype.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
you're probably getting wrong one thing: this doesn't work so well, it is quick and dirty hack that probably doesn't work if you delete stuff between some languages...
Yep. Quick and dirty. But working without problems for me so far. I'll edit the original post to add appropriate warnings. If anyone is having problems after doing this I recommend putting back the copy of languages.lst, if it still fails after that: attempt to reinstall swype packages, or reflash.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
I dont really see the point of deleting the unused languages anyway. Id rather remove the languages button.
Some of us use more than one language. If you use only one I can see why you'd prefer to get rid of the button, but I have no idea how to do that. (Except the first step: back up everything. Because if you manage to break the regular keyboard in the process you'll pretty much have to reflash)