View Single Post
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
WebOS is already highly optimized for phones. As an example, the way multitasking is done (cards instead of windows, as it's done in Maemo 5)

The only way I can think of improving WebOS is: overhaul it, making the UI use uxlaunch instead of the crazy, depend-on-several-services-that-are-not-dbus-and-X thing that it has now, and make it use DEB/RPM instead of the inadequate IPKG.

Oh, and a GRID of cards, not a stack of them. Like a hybrid of the N9 and Pre, swiping them away or into view.

Oh, and maybe migrate away from Mojo/Enyo to Tizen HTML5? The two are already quite similar.
What is better about the WebOS way of doing multitasking? What is the difference between cards vs little windows? I sincerely would like to know.

I prefer the grid multitasking of Maemo over the Meego way or the cards system.

Edit: What percentage of Maemo is opensource?
And what percentage of Meego? Anybody know for sure? And are the closed bits necessary part or can they be made with reverse engineered?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Last edited by The Wizard of Huz; 2011-12-11 at 00:54.