View Single Post
Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
Had the same issue after update, as well as a 'ping' sound at start up.
Reset didn't help.
Reinstall via NSU didn't help either.
Sent it to Nokia Care 2 Fridays ago, and they're replacing the motherboard. Stil haven't got it back though, so couldn't say if the problem is solved.
Off topic, Nokia Care is REALLY sucky after Nokia sub contracted it to some jokers. Before it was on the spot repairs or 3 days at most.
On the plus side, I gained the breathing LED notification light at the expense of the headphones...

Thanks for the response. I suspect it may require hardware fix. Worried as it means probably won't get my phone back till after christmas or new year if I send it off for repair now, but better to send it off I guess and get it sorted.

Oh and yes, the ping sound is there when my phone boots up too.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
My N9 still detects my headphones normally in PR1.1. Try a hard rest and see if it cures the problem.
That doesn't work. Problem persists.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I also have problem, but with not nokia branded headphones..
The problem the OP and I describe is different to the occasional pickiness of the phone and headset brands.

This affects ALL headphones regardless of branding unfortunately.

At this stage, I may just get a new phone (Lumia 800 or iPhone4s) and sell this one off when it comes back from repair. As much as I like the N9 and meego, the user experience and dealing with Nokia Care hasn't been very good at all unfortunately.

Last edited by N9on; 2011-12-11 at 16:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9on For This Useful Post: