View Single Post
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Amstelveen
Hey, Thanks for the response..

I purchased this phone from Amsterdam and after some time (2 yrs) came back to Mumbai, India. I used the phone with vodafone n/w for few days, then all of a sudden my phone came to an halt.. it starts to boot using u-boot and after a few seconds waited for some default os image then it wud reboot, sometimes (after i left it off for hours) it wud boot till setting up the regional settings like language/time etc.. then reboot. I rem using internet (in Mumbai) on my phone a day before. I had never used u-boot to boot any other os on my phone but it was lying there (as i intended to use it with Nitdroid). u-boot had been there on my N900 since more than a month without giving me any issues.

Anyways I feel it may be coz of:
-Internet usage (somehow)
-u boot
-some change/fluctuation in power input (while charging), due to change in geography

Then I flashed my phone, it removed u-booot, but it wud start booting and then shut down after waiting at the NOKIA logo for about 30 seconds.

then I gave it to the nokia center, they said that the device is not able to take the s/w update.. And later on after some time they just said that the device looks like to be liquid damaged and they won’t do anything to fix it. But I don’t think it was liq damaged ever.. I even opened it up recently.. But cud not see any calcium formation on the mother board..rather the board looked new!

that’s my story, I have never tried flashing using framebuffer kernel, what does it do ? And meanwhile i will find out how to do it as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to rocky18tid For This Useful Post: