View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Finally got a response from konttori...
He's given me a better contact at Nokia (display side expert).
I will gather-up all the doco'd issues soon & contact him.
If anyone can trawl the thread & summarize them in the the meantime.
That'd be hugely appreciated....
Do you feel that a display side expert will acknowledge the defects and so doing admit his or his team's mistake of certifying this screen in the first place?

I hope so, but I can't see how they will ever call these several issues defects.

If they do they may then have to recall all of the screens, while there is still a majority (?) of users out there that does accept the screen quality, like Nokia anticipated (floating icons, high brightness in sunny environment wow factor)

It is very hard to draw the line on which screen is legible for RMA and which not.

There for I think it is better to focus on one single undeniable defect and push it from there.

The movies look great on the N9: but black spots visible when watching dark scenes in movies movies? - very distracting.

Bottom line is that the implemented technology seems just too low end for a premium priced device like the n9.
And I am not saying that I would not be prepared to pay 1000 for a better screen, because I would.
The target group for this device has higher expectations from the display.
When dealing with display issues (human eyesight related issue) the risk is to have your screen replace endlessly for an worse copy.

Because I read Nokia is still calling the N8 purple effect normal depending on where and how you present your problem.

Anyway good luck and feel free to ask assistance.