View Single Post
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I've had my N900 on T-Mobile here in Ohio for about a year now, they provide a decent 3G service. Well, as decent as any of the various providers have seen fit to offer -- if you go any distance from the major cities or highways here, cell phone towers become mighty scarce. Only Verizon has any decent coverage, and even they get really spotty in the rougher parts of Ohio (they're practically nonexistent in the southeast corner of the state, and have gaping holes in the more rural areas elsewhere). So be warned if your university is somewhere in the hinterlands of the continent.

As to buying/selling -- I've been trying to save up enough cash to get a spare N900. So far, good used ones are going for over $200 on Ebay, and there seem to be plenty of them being sold (although a lot of them are shown as coming from Hong Kong; those seem kind of dodgy). I'm not sure how that translates into Nepal currency...
I am going for University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Trying to reach there before the new year (to celebrate new year at Vegas).

Plus can anybody check https://www.checkmytrip.com/CMTSERVL...=GB&N=SHRESTHA and tell me if everything is fine. I am aware that the transit in Korea is a bit longer. Is there any other problem in the route? (No international flight experience yet).

If I am not wrong At&T is the biggest and most preferred operator in USA and they brought T mobile. So other networks do not support the n900 2G and 3Gs?

Ebay price seems somewhat equivalent to what I can expect to get here. So even if I want to sell it, it should be fine. My N900 is living happy life without being overclocked (or overclocked in only few rare occasions), still great USB port, display cover/plastic/sticker or whatever it is called.

Thanks for the info to everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post: