View Single Post
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by danested View Post
Don't you think that a faster processor with 10,000 cores would only need 10,000 times more power? Yes single core processor, 1 GHz but doesn't that satisfy the needs that you would have?

Would it not be worth having a phone run the day rather than carry around a phone that's blazingly fast... only out of power all the time

It's fast enough. With the right operating system. the right UI, has the right hardware. Just needs polishing. But it is pretty neat already
A nice thread indeed with perfect opening lines...

Yes, why do we need a dual core in our telephony device? And tomorrow they might come-out with a Core2Duo or i3-i5-i7??? No, we definitely do not need that, at least as of now. I'd say - it is just an 'excess baggage'!

The N9 is superfine... with its ecosystem it is doing just fine. Volumes have been written on the net about its perfectness -- about how MeeGo is a 'balanced OS'... how it actually should have been the turn-around [trump]card for Nokia - who instead wasted a shot at renewed fame - and just might again be in doldrums with WP.

Come to think of it -- what if Apple didn't stick with it's iOS? It was a new platform then... untested... how the iPhone4S would have been with another OS, if at all there would have been an iPhone3GS in the first place? -Jitters?

Similarly, I'd say Nokia did it right with MeeGo the first-time itself. All it needed was perseverance & steadfastness...

Polish?
To me, the N9 is already well-polished! It is a device like no other today... out of all the gray/black/steel combine. This might not be a revolutionary design - but it sure is a trend-setting device. We longed for such a superior form-factor... the last euphoria I had with a cellphone was with the iPhone3G... even the iPhone4 didn't put me in such an awe as the N9 did.

This one is a 'wholesome' eqpt. And OMG - what a looker! The Cameron Diaz of mobile phones !

Which is why I dumped my iPhone4 for the N9!

Qorax

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post: