Thread: White n9?
View Single Post
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Well, if you don't need the PR 1.1 that badly, I suggest you to wait - and to stalk Nokia to see why haven't they released the update, especially since in all the promo materials, videos etc. there is a statement that the white N9 comes with PR 1.1 pre-installed. They will probably release it sooner or later, but a little nudge from disgruntled users couldn't hurt...

If you can't wait, however, you can try flashing it to practically identical firmware used in the CV Switzerland CH Black 64GB (059L5H1), or a generic white 64GB for Switzerland (059M6M9) - I highly doubt there is any difference in hardware that would make those firmwares not work on your device. It's a bit odd that those CV firmwares include _signed in their filename, suggesting that the others might not work (signed bootloader?) but I hope Nokia is not into those shenanigans. Since your original firmware is available, you should always be able to flash it back if the upgraded firmware doesn't work or performs badly, tho...
Thank you Zwer; is it any risk to brick the phone reflashing the firmware manually?